Accounting Plus is now hiring!
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Staff Accountant to join our growing team.
If you're knowledgeable in Canadian tax and accounting—or aspiring to become an expert—are well-organized, professional and results-driven, this job opportunity is for you.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have openings for individuals aspiring to become Business Advisors or Tax Advisors. Please contact us for more information!
- Preparation of Canadian personal (T1), corporate (T2) and trust (T3) tax returns;
- Preparation of GST/HST, Payroll, T-Slips (T4, T4A, T5, T5018, NR4), WSIB & EHT filings and remittances;
- Full-cycle bookkeeping for corporate and personal business clients;
- Preparation of annual financial statements, including variance analysis;
- Ensuring accurate and timely monthly and year-end closings, including review of balance sheet accounts, account reconciliations, approval of journal entries and review of processed transactions;
- Handling pre- and post-assessment reviews inquired by the CRA;
- Preparation of all work papers to support income tax return filings;
- Tax accounting including the preparation of quarterly and yearly tax reconciliations;
- Researching tax-related issues and participation in tax planning projects;
- Assisting with government tax audits and reviews, including analytical support, collection of information, preparation of responses and directly communicating with auditors;
- Driving process improvements and implementing best tax practices.
Knowledge and Skills
- CPA, CGA, CA or CMA designation or equivalent;
- 3+ years Canadian income tax experience in public accounting environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide professional judgment, work independently and work in teams
- Proficient in PC applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and tax software (Profile, Quickbooks, Xero)
- Strong attention to details
- Strong time management skills, the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop business relationships and establish rapport with internal contacts