Accounting Plus is now hiring!
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Staff Accountant to join our growing team.
If you're knowledgeable in tax and accounting—or aspiring to become an expert—are well-organized, results-driven, professional, customer-focused and great at simplifying taxation and accounting issues that our clients find overly complex, this job opportunity is for you.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preparation of Canadian personal (T1), corporate (T2) and trust tax returns
- Preparation of GST/HST, Payroll, T-Slips, WSIB & EHT filing and remittance
- Preparation of annual financial statements, including variance analysis
- Ensuring accurate and timely monthly and year-end closings, including review of balance sheet accounts, account reconciliations, approval of journal entries and review of processed transactions
- Handling pre- and post-assessment reviews inquired by the CRA
- Preparation of all work papers to support income tax return filings
- Tax accounting including the preparation of quarterly and yearly tax reconciliations
- Participation in tax planning projects
- Assisting with government tax audits and reviews
Knowledge and Skills
- CPA,CA, CMA or CGA designation or equivalent would be considered an asset
- 2+ years Canadian income tax experience in public accounting environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide professional judgment, work independently and work in teams
- Proficient in PC applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and tax software (Profile, Quickbooks, Xero)
- Strong attention to details
- Strong time management skills, the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop business relationships and establish rapport with internal contacts